Our Newest Services: MicroNeedling + Acupuncture
Licensed acupuncturist and AcuMicro certified practitioner Aaron Goldstein has been practicing 5 Element Acupuncture for over 20 years. He practices mainly Classical 5 Element style and is also familiar with Tung acupuncture, Orthopedic acupuncture, Facial Rejuvenation acupuncture, the NADA protocol for addiction treatment, and Zero Balancing.
After a 30 year career in Special Education, which included founding and running a private Montessori learning center, Aaron was fortunate to be accepted to study in the last acupuncture class to work directly with Dr. J.R. Worsley, tradition holder of the ancient classical methods of 5 Element Acupuncture.
Aaron particularly enjoys meeting and getting to know new patients and helping transmit the healing energy of the 5 Elements. He has practiced T’ai Chi since 1975, and studied Aikido and Katori Shinto Ryu from 1988 – 2001. Aaron Goldstein is a 5-star rated acupuncturist serving Maui since 2004.
What are the benefits of Microneedling?
- It is a natural way to improve appearance for skin rejuvenation and to improve hair loss and other conditions
- Treatments take only 30 minutes and cause immediate results
- Microneedling is a safe alternative to botox and other harmful anti-aging procedures
- Affordable treatments can be purchased in packages or a la carte
- Treatments performed by a licensed acupuncturist and AcuMicro certified practitioner ensuring a high quality and safe experience
What can Microneedling help improve?
- Fine lines
- Hair loss
- Stretch marks
- Sun damage
- Brown spots
- Pigment issues
- Skin texture, skin tone, skin color
- Scars & acne scarring
- Pore size
How does Microneedling work?
Microneedling creates a controlled injury by puncturing the skin at a specific depth using a premium top of the line medical device. Each puncture triggers your natural healing process to fill the punctured micro-wounds by producing elastin and new collagen in the papillary dermis. Additionally, new capillaries are formed, improving blood supply. In the Microneedling process, your skin’s top layer is parted without being damaged, leaving the skin intact. Your acupuncturist will adjust the needle’s penetration depth for each condition being treated and to target specific spots on your body. As new collagen and elastin are produced, visible results include: improved skin tone, skin texture, and firmness, while also reducing pore size, stretch marks, and scars.
Learn More About the Microneedling Device:
The AcuMicro medical grade microneedling pen, which was designed for safe & effective microneedling treatments. It features an adjustable needle depth of 0.25mm to 2.5mm with adjustable speeds ranging from 3,000-10,000 rpm.
Combining Microneedling with Other Beauty Procedures Microneedling may be used to hydrate and heal skin in combination with Hyaluronic Acid and other beauty serums. Each puncture from the pen creates micro-channels in your skin that allow topical serums to be deeply absorbed for more effective results. Studies show this procedure can increase your skin’s ability to absorb product nutrients by up to 3,000 %.
How much does Microneedling treatment cost?
Aaron offers affordable microneedling beauty treatments –
Single Microneedling Sessions begin at a flat rate of $205, with 15% off of three appointments booked, and 20% off of four appointments booked.
Who can perform Microneedling treatments?
Only a licensed acupuncturist should perform Microneedling treatments. Avoid and be aware of devices that vibrate instead of oscillate, and other cheap devices or treatments available on island.
Are there guaranteed results?
While Cosmetic Acupuncture has been clinically shown to work, everyone’s body, skin, and repair process works differently. The purpose of Cosmetic Acupuncture is to create a younger and more vibrant appearance. Please be advised that this treatment is not a surgical procedure and cannot be compared to a surgical facelift. Maui’s Best Massage + Spa cannot provide guarantees as to the success or results of treatments.
What are the possible side effects of Microneedling?
- Skin will be pink or red and may feel warm, like mild sunburn, tight and itchy, which usually subside in 12 to 24 hrs
- Minor flaking or dryness of the skin, with scab formation in rare cases.
- Crusting, discomfort, bruising and swelling may occur. • Pinpoint bleeding.
- It is possible to have a cold sore flare if you have a history of outbreaks.
- Freckles may lighten temporarily or permanently disappear in treated areas.
- Infection is rare. If you see any signs of tender redness or puss, notify our office immediately.
- Hyperpigmentation / darkening of the skin rarely occurs and usually resolves after one month.